Beaver River paddling experience
including a Gourmet PicNic lunch
Beaver River Paddling Experience
Only 25 minutes from the B&B, the Beaver River runs through the scenic Beaver Valley. Part of the Great Lakes Basin, the river is under the auspices of Grey Sauble Conservation. Craig and I have done some kayaking down this calm and beautiful river, and it is beautiful in any season. There is plenty of wildlife, including birds, turtles, beavers (of course), and more. A great canoe or kayak adventure for any level of paddler. You chose which kind of boat you want. Individual kayaks or a canoe-for-2.
Free Spirit Tours will supply you with everything you need for your 1.5 -2 hour paddle. Your paddling adventure leaves from a location on the river where you can park your car. You will paddle out and back returning to your car.
Just down the road from your paddle departure point is the lovely hamlet of Heathcote. In Heathcote, you must stop at the Blackbird Pie Company and pick up some homemade butter tarts. OMG – so good!
We have packed your personal picnic lunch and everything you need is right inside that knapsack! The waterfront in Thornbury is just 15 kms north of your paddling location. The views of the Georgian Bay are terrific – a great spot for your lunch! A great summer or fall afternoon outing.
If you choose to stay a second day you can have your paddle on one day and your picnic lunch on a second day. You pay only for your room on day two.
Package Price & Availability
This package starts at $364.95 + HST per couple for a 1 night stay in the Birch Suite using Sunday thru Thursday room rates. Room rates slightly higher on the weekends. Check your preferred dates online here or call us toll free at 1-844-412-1170.
Call us with any questions. We’re happy to do what we can to customize your experience in the Collingwood area to make it more awesome.
YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation for 2 adults in one of our luxury B&B rooms.
- Canoe or kayak rentals with life jackets, paddles and safety kit for paddle experience on the Beaver River. 1 canoe or 2 kayaks. Your choice!
- Gourmet Backpack Lunch for Two – customized to your order. Contains everything you may need for a great lunch.
- Reserve a second night and pay only for your room on that night. You can chose to paddle one day and have your picnic lunch on the second day – at the beach or elsewhere!
- This package available any day of the week until October 31, 2020.
- We will reserve your paddling adventure rentals. Free Spirit Tours does not book this package.
- Package is based on double occupancy.
- Picnic lunch made fresh to order. Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian options are available. You will receive an order form for your lunch in advance of your visit.