As you gear up for a day of cycling, hiking, skiing, running, touring or going to the spa (yes, going to the spa burns energy, too), your hosts will ensure you receive the energy required to fuel your action-packed day.
Breakfast is a big deal. Our moms and our nutritionists have been telling us for years that it is the most important meal of day. Breakfast at Craigleith Manor is thoughtfully prepared to provide nutritious and delicious options for every guest.
Sourced from local ingredients, the breakfast menu changes daily and is created with health-conscious, active guests in mind. Upon arrival, you will receive a breakfast menu for the next day. You can choose what you want to have for breakfast and when you want to have breakfast. We love choices.
You can sit for breakfast anytime from 08:00 to 09:30 in the dining room. You can choose from a selection of hot breakfasts, and we always have a cold buffet featuring homemade gluten-free granola, jams, juices, coffee and a list of over 20 different herbal teas. Breakfasts are made to order when you arrive in the dining room. We offer a full-service gourmet breakfast.
Coffee is king. We serve only the best Kicking Horse organic fair-trade coffee, which is roasted in British Columbia. The coffee pot never goes empty. You keep drinking it, and we’ll keep making it. We serve French press Kicking Horse decaf coffee also.
Special Dietary Needs
After almost 3,000 guests in our first 4 years, we have catered to almost every special dietary requirement.
- Our breakfasts are gluten-free. Meat is optional with any breakfast.
- We always have a wonderful vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free bread for toast which is locally made.
- We have a toaster dedicated to toasting only gluten-free bread for those who suffer from Celiac disease.
- We continuously guard against cross-contamination in our spotless kitchen.
- We always have soy and almond beverages on hand for those who are lactose intolerant.
- We do not add dairy to anything that we cook.
- We offer several different types of sweeteners for those who are on sugar-reduced diets.
- We use locally grown potatoes for our home fries, and they are cooked in high-quality olive oil.
- Our farm fresh eggs are cooked in clarified butter or canola oil if you don’t use butter.
- We offer mixed salad greens as a substitute for potatoes with any breakfast entrée.
- Vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, Ketogenic and Paleo diets can easily be catered to.
Now you know a lot about how our breakfasts are put together to cater to the dietary needs of our guests.
When you make a reservation with us, be sure and tell us if you have any special dietary requirements. That way, we can make your breakfast experience awesome.