Cycle-n-Stay. Bike the Georgian Trail!
Everything is included; bikes, helmets and a gourmet PicNic Lunch!
Georgian Trail Cycling Experience
The Southern Georgian Bay area includes the counties of Simcoe and Grey. There are many terrific attractions including beaches, cafes, parks, waterfronts, shopping and more in both counties. The best part is that so much of this is connected by great cycle trails and routes. Great trails are off-road and many two-lane roads have solid and safe paved shoulders for bikes.
Craigleith Manor is right on the western border of Simcoe County next to Grey County. The Georgian Trail is one of Ontario’s most ridden cycling trails and it is right off the back of our property. The Georgian Trail is an old railway line that ran from Collingwood to Meaford. For over 25 years it has been a four-season cycling, walking, hiking, running and skiing route for outdoor enthusiasts of every skill level. The trail is flat, hard packed and runs along the Georgian Bay as it travels westward toward Thornbury and on to Meaford.
The route we like best is from the B&B to Thornbury. Only 17 km one-way, the trail takes you along a scenic ride that is tree covered and has terrific views of the Georgian Bay. In warmer summer months the cool breezes from the bay are most welcome.
When you arrive in Thornbury we’ve set-up a gourmet deli lunch for you at Sterlings Revolution right on the waterfront. Thornbury Harbour is beautiful with its pier, docks and lots of picnic tables and lush public lawns to enjoy your lunch on.
Choose from salads, Ahi Tuna Power Bowls, Charcuterie, Gourmet Sandwiches, Thai Noodles and gourmet dips. Your lunch voucher value is $50 per couple and includes any food or drink items on the menu. A great lunch to power your return trip back to the B&B. Eat your lunch on the Thornbury waterfront – only steps away from the deli there are plenty of picnic tables and lots of grass to lounge on.
You have use of our bikes for your full two day stay! If you wish you can take the Georgian Trail eastward into the Town of Collingwood on Day 2. Schedule your cycling adventures any way you want.
For more details on this package see the boxes and fine print to the right on this page.
Package Price & Availability
This package starts at $630 + HST per couple for a 2-night stay in the Birch Suite using Sunday thru Thursday room rates. Room rates slightly higher on the weekends. This package is available for stays from June 2 to October 31, 2021.
Check your preferred dates online here or call us toll free at 1-844-412-1170. We are happy to do what we can to customize your experience in the Collingwood area to make it more awesome.
YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation for 2 adults in one of our luxury B&B rooms for 2 nights. You can choose from the Birch, Forest or Mountain Suite. Each room has a private ensuite bath with heated floors. All rooms have high quality cotton linens, hypo-allergenic duvets, plush cotton spa towels, robes and slippers.
- Full gourmet breakfast daily with hot and cold options. You choose from a menu that changes daily and you reserve your breakfast seating time. Socially distanced dining tables for two in our main floor dining areas . Weather permitting you can dine on our expansive outdoor decks. See Breakfast is a Big Deal for more information about our breakfast service.
- Full day use of our brand new mens and ladies 18 speed hybrid bikes with helmets. You supply the pedal power, comfortable footwear and clothing for cycling. Add some sunscreen and away you go along the Georgian Trail.
- Gourmet Deli Lunch for two at Sterlings Revolution in Thornbury. Your lunch voucher value is $50 per couple – a great feed to power your return trip back to the B&B. Get your lunch from Sterlings Market Menu and eat on the Thornbury waterfront – only steps away there are plenty of picnic tables and lots of grass to lounge on. Or, order from the menu on their restaurant patio. Your choice!
- Complimentary coffee, tea and soft drinks during your stay at our B&B.
- This package available any day of the week from June 2, 2021 until October 31, 2021.
- You have use of our bikes for your entire 2 day stay.
- You can choose to cycle to Thornbury on the day you arrive in Collingwood or another day during your stay. We will contact you to arrange the details.
- Package is based on double occupancy.
- Gourmet deli lunch is made to order. Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian options are available. Your select from the menu when you arrive at Sterlings Revolution in Thornbury. Your lunch voucher has a value of $50.