To Our Valued Guests,
As the coronavirus continues to impact the world, it is important for us to show you the steps we are taking to help keep our guests and family safe.
At Craigleith Manor, we have always had the highest cleaning standards possible. We have implemented additional measures in the face of COVID-19 to ensure you feel safe and secure when staying with us. We are confident that these extra cleaning steps and precautions make our B&B a safer place to stay, so that you can enjoy your time in the Collingwood area.
For your safety, we have added cleaning and sanitation procedures that comply with Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Public Health Ontario and those recommended by accommodation industry experts.
These changes cover all aspects of our operations, including breakfast service, guest room and common area housekeeping and sanitation, and supplement our already rigorous processes. Our goal is to ensure the utmost in cleanliness and hygiene every day.
Our promise to you is to make our B&B as safe and welcoming as possible. We take great care in the cleanliness and serenity of our property. We know that we all need to feel safe. We want you to feel safe. We are working very hard to keep our space clean for our family and guests.
We will practice social distancing when we meet and greet you. We will not wear gloves in our home, but we will wash our hands frequently. Our food service and preparation will be of very high quality and safe, as it has always been.
All of our cleaning staff have been trained on our enhanced cleaning procedures. They will also practice social distancing for mutual safety.
Staff are provided with:
- Face masks
- Protective disposable gloves for use when cleaning only
As a Guest Please…
Do your part to minimize risks by:
- social distancing from those not in your household
- wash your hands and/or use provided hand sanitizer regularly during your stay
- use a face-covering if you feel you cannot achieve social distance while in our common areas
- please do not bring any latex or other gloves into our B&B
Detailed Information About Our Enhanced Procedures
Please read about our enhanced procedures below and please contact us if you have any questions.
Guest Arrival, Check-In and Check-Out
Our preference is to personally welcome our guests. We also believe that implementing social distancing guidelines is wise in the current climate.
If we are home when you arrive, we will keep a safe distance of 2m (6 feet) when we greet you. There is plenty of room in our B&B for everyone to socially distance.
We have always had self check-in, and we will continue with that service. We will supply you with a personal front door code. The code is the last four digits of the phone number you provided with your reservation. Directions on how to gain access to the house using this code are posted next to the front door of the house. The digital lock is simple to use. Only registered guests have access codes. Our B&B is very safe and secure.
When you arrive, you will find your name on our welcome sign just inside the front door. Your sanitized room key will be in the door of your room. Your breakfast menu and any information you may need for your stay will be in your room upon arrival.
Guy and Craig live on-site. This is our full-time home. If we do not see you when you check-in, we will most certainly greet you shortly afterwards. We are your hosts while you are in the Collingwood area and will be happy to answer any inquiries you might have. We will always maintain an appropriate social distance from you.
Check out & Billing
All account charges will be processed automatically through our reservation system on the day of check-in. There should be no need to settle balances at check out so there will be no paper, pens, or credit card machines to touch. If a credit card needs to be manually processed during check in or check out, we will make sure that it is done safely.
Breakfast is a big deal at Craigleith Manor. We will continue to offer the freshest made-to-order breakfasts prepared with local ingredients customized to your dietary needs.
You will receive a unique menu for each day of your visit. Your menus have been printed exclusively for you and will be in your room upon arrival.
The following highlights important features of our breakfast service:
- All food and beverage will be served to your table.
- Chef Guy will be wearing a mask during the preparation and service of your breakfast. Heat from fry pans and the stove make wearing latex gloves a safety hazard for the chef.
- Hand washing is continuous and rigorous in our kitchen.
- You can rest assured that all plates, glassware, and cutlery will have been washed in our commercial quality dishwasher, sanitized, and stored safely.
- Your table will be set only moments before you come down for your breakfast so there is no risk of contamination to your place settings.
Breakfast Seating, Timing and Table Selection
Breakfast is served in either our main dining room, at the Chef’s Table (reserved for our Mountain Suite guests) or on our beautiful outdoor ground level decks in good weather. You can select what time and location you would like to have breakfast on your menu when you select what you want to have. All instructions will be on your menu in your room upon arrival.
The minimum distance between any breakfast tables at the B&B is 2.5 metres (8’ 2”) or more.
Self-Serve Coffee, Tea, and the Guest Fridge
We will continue to maintain our self-serve guest amenities:
- We have a fridge dedicated to guest use on the main floor to store anything that needs to be refrigerated. Light snacks, beverages, etc. Please do not bring food that requires any preparation or use of the kitchen. See ‘Kitchen Use’ and ‘Take-out Food’ sections below.
- We have a self-serve hot drink station for guest use with a Keurig machine, various coffees and teas, cups, sweeteners, and individual creamers.
This area is sanitized 3 times daily. There is a handwashing station next to these amenities. Please wash your hands for 20 seconds under hot water prior to use.
Guest use of the kitchen for any type of cooking or food preparation is strictly forbidden. This has always been an insurance concern, and during this time with COVID-19, there are also contamination issues.
Kitchen sanitation procedures include:
- High-temperature commercial grade dishwashers are used to sanitize all dishes, silverware, and glassware.
- Surfaces are cleaned and sanitized with Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) approved solutions.
The kitchen is cleaned and sanitized before and after every B&B breakfast. It is also cleaned and sanitized after the hosts make their meals (this is our personal kitchen also). No individuals other than the owners are allowed to touch any surface or use any item in the kitchen. The risks are just too high. Thank you for your understanding.
Food at the B&B
There are many terrific restaurants in the Collingwood area, all within about a 15-minute drive from the B&B. We understand that you may not want to eat out every meal. We ask you to please adhere the following simple rules during your stay with us:
- If you bring prepared foods, you must store them in the guest fridge. Each guest room has a unique space in the fridge.
- Hardcase coolers are not allowed in guest rooms. You can bring a soft case cooler with drinks into your room.
- We can supply you with disposable utensils and plates and real glassware if you bring in your own prepared food.
- We can recommend great take-out places locally.
- You can eat in the dining room or on one of our outdoor decks.
- Please respect our home and do not bring any food into your guest room. There are no tables in guest rooms; the food attracts bugs and mice as we live in a forest. Visit our ‘Policies’ section to learn about room cleaning charges.
Guest Rooms and Housekeeping Service
Every time a guest checks out:
- The entire room is stripped of all linens (sheets, pillowcases, pillow covers, mattress covers, duvets and duvet covers). If previous guests used any extra blankets or a quilt, those items are also bagged and sent to our local wet cleaners where they are professionally washed and sanitized at high temperatures.
- Beds are remade with clean and sanitized linens after every stay.
- All hard surfaces in guest rooms are cleaned with a Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) approved sanitizing agent, including doorknobs, light switches, drawer knobs, window and patio door handles, in-room air conditioning remotes and TV remote controls.
- All soft surfaces such as chairs will be sprayed with a fabric sanitizing spray.
We have always taken great care in cleaning the ensuite bathrooms in each of our guest rooms. During these times, we have added an additional sanitization step with a PHAC-approved sanitizing agent.
- All counters, showers, shower doors, handles, vanity tops, drawers and handles are sanitized after they are cleaned.
- All surfaces on the toilet and the toilet paper holder are cleaned and sanitized. Partially used toilet paper rolls are replaced with new, full rolls after every guest check out.
- We have added electronic no-touch hand soap dispensers and hand sanitizer dispensers in each guest bathroom. These are also carefully sanitized after each guest visit.
- All bathroom floors are vacuumed, then hot water washed and sanitized, and then vacuumed a second time.
- Our guest bath towels are washed in-house with a non-scented detergent then dried on high heat in our dryer.
Once cleaned to our high standards, each guest room will be sealed and will remain closed until the next guest checks in.
Daily Guest Room Housekeeping Service
Daily housekeeping service has been discontinued at this time except for stays 3 nights or longer. If you are staying with us for more than 2 nights, we will have a conversation about how you would like us to handle any housekeeping you may require.
Trash Removal & Recycle
- Please place the trash can or recycle bin outside of your room to signal you want removal. You can also leave bottles and cans for recycling in the sink near the guest fridge on the main floor.
Fresh Towels During Your Stay
- A laundry bag can be found in the vanity drawer of your bathroom. Simply place dirty towels in the bag and hang it on your room door when you leave for the day to request fresh towels during your stay. Clean towels will be delivered to your room while you are out. When you check out, simply leave the dirty towels in your shower/tub.
Common areas like the dining room, living room, foyer, self-serve area and decks will be cleaned and sanitized daily. High touch items such as door handles, banisters and door jams, guest self-serve coffee machine and the guest fridge handles are cleaned several times each day.
Hand sanitizer is located on the wall across from the front door. Sanitizing wipes are available at the self-service area and in your bathroom.
Please use hand sanitizer in your guest room and wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds under hot water when you arrive back in your guest room and before you leave your guest room. Thank you!