Beaver River paddling experience
including a Gourmet PicNic lunch
Beaver River Paddling Experience
Only 25 minutes from the B&B, the Beaver River runs through the scenic Beaver Valley. Part of the Great Lakes Basin, the river is under the auspices of Grey Sauble Conservation. Craig and I have done some kayaking down this calm and beautiful river, and it is beautiful in any season. There is plenty of wildlife, including birds, turtles, beavers (of course), and more. A great canoe or kayak adventure for any level of paddler. You chose which kind of boat you want. Individual kayaks or a canoe-for-2.
Free Spirit Tours will supply you with everything you need for your 1.5 -2 hour paddle. You can park your car at the Free Spirit tours location near Heathcote and they will shuttle you to the start of your tour. You will paddle back along the scenic Beaver River to where you parked your car. We will send you a map of these locations once your tour time is confirmed with us.
Just down the road from your paddle departure point is the lovely hamlet of Heathcote. In Heathcote, you must stop at the Blackbird Pie Company and pick up some homemade butter tarts. OMG – so good!
We will make and pack your personal picnic lunch an hour or two before your tour, so everything is fresh. Everything you need is right inside the knapsack! The waterfront in Thornbury is just 15 km north of your paddling location. The views of the Georgian Bay are terrific – a great spot for your lunch! A great afternoon outing.
You can choose to have your paddle on day one or day two of your stay. You don’t need to be checked in to the B&B to enjoy your paddle. We can arrange for you to get your boat earlier in the day of your arrival. Just pick up your lunch at the B&B, and away you go! We’re happy to iron out all of the details. Once we get your reservation, we will be in touch.
Package Price & Availability
This package starts at $438.95 + HST per couple for a 1-night stay in the Birch Suite using Sunday thru Thursday room rates. Room rates are slightly higher for the Forest and Mountain Suites, for 2-night stays and on the weekends. Check your preferred dates online here or call us toll-free at 1-844-412-1170.
Call us with any questions. We’re happy to do what we can to customize your experience in the Collingwood area to make it more awesome.
YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation for 2 adults in one of our luxury B&B rooms. You can choose from the Birch, Forest or Mountain Suite. Each room has a private ensuite bath with heated floors. All rooms have high-quality cotton linens, hypo-allergenic duvets, plush cotton spa towels, robes and slippers.
- Full gourmet breakfast daily with hot and cold options. You choose from a menu that changes daily and you reserve your breakfast seating time. Socially distanced dining tables for two in our main floor dining areas . Weather permitting you can dine on our expansive outdoor decks. See Breakfast is a Big Deal for more information about our breakfast service.
- Canoe or kayak rentals (on day 1 or day 2 of your stay) with life jackets, paddles and safety kit for paddle experience on the Beaver River. 1 canoe or 2 kayaks. Your choice! See fine print below for more details.
- Gourmet Backpack Lunch for Two. It contains everything you may need for a great lunch. Homemade gourmet sandwiches, (3) salads for sharing; two deli salads and a mixed green salad with homemade vinaigrette dressing, assorted fresh veggies and humus for munching, and local apples for crunching. Trail bars and water. Yum! See the Fine Print below for further details.
- Complimentary coffee, tea and soft drinks during your stay at our B&B.
- This package is available any day of the week from May 19 until October 29, 2023.
- We will reserve your canoe or kayak and all accessories. A guide will help you with it all.
- You can choose to paddle on the day you arrive in Collingwood or another day during your stay.
- If you are staying for only 1-night, Pick up your picnic lunch at the B&B then go directly to the paddling experience. Check in to the B&B when you are finished.
- Package is based on double occupancy.
- Picnic lunch made fresh to order. Gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options are available. You can take your picnic lunch on the paddling experience or use it another day during your stay – your choice. Just let us know.
- We will contact you by email after you make your reservation to confirm all the details of your Beaver River tour.