Bruce Trail Hiking and Picnic lunch adventure
Beautiful views, great hiking, and a gourmet picnic lunch.
Available May 1 thru October 29, 2023. See The Fine Print below for more details.
Bruce Trail Hike-n-Picnic, then stay with us!
The Bruce Trail is the oldest and longest continuous public footpath in Canada. The Bruce Trail Conservancy (BTC) is a charitable organization, association and land trust that is dedicated to establishing a conservation corridor containing a public footpath along the Niagara Escarpment. Craigleith Manor B&B is a proud member of the BTC.
The Blue Mountain section of the Bruce Trail is like no other section of the trail. The terrain changes abruptly as the Trail enters the Blue Mountains area best known for Ontario’s ski resorts. The Trail in this section is set among high bluffs interspersed with deep, wide valleys. From the trail, the expansive views of the rolling countryside, Nottawasaga Bay, and Collingwood area are amazing.
The Pretty River section of the trail is a unique hike itself. Your package includes maps for this section of the trail also. The Bruce Trail runs through Pretty River Provincial Park. There are plenty of locations where you can choose to stop for your picnic lunch along the way. You choose the view from your lunch blanket!
You can choose to do your hike on Day 1 or Day 2 of your stay. We’ll get those details from you when you reserve. Your lunch is packed in a fully self-contained backpack (see picture above), and all of your garbage comes back to the B&B to be recycled. Nothing gets left on the trail except your footprints.
Package Price & Availability
This package starts at $348.95 + HST per couple for a 1-night stay in the Birch Suite using Sunday thru Thursday room rates. Room rates are slightly higher on weekends. Check your preferred dates online here or call us toll-free at 1-844-412-1170.
YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Accommodation for 2 adults in one of our luxury B&B rooms. You can choose from the Birch, Forest or Mountain Suite. Each room has a private ensuite bath with heated floors. All rooms have high-quality cotton linens, hypo-allergenic duvets, plush cotton spa towels, robes, and slippers.
Full gourmet breakfast with hot and cold options. You choose from a menu that changes daily and you reserve your breakfast seating time. Socially distanced dining tables for two in our main floor dining areas. Weather permitting, you can dine on our expansiove outdoor decks. See Breakfast is a Big Deal for more information about our breakfast service.
- Gourmet Backpack Lunch for Two. It contains everything you may need for a great trail picnic lunch. Homemade gourmet sandwiches, (3) salads for sharing; two deli salads and a mixed green salad with homemade vinaigrette dressing, assorted fresh veggies and humus for munching, and local apples for crunching. Trail bars and water. Yum! See the Fine Print below for further details.
Complimentary tea, coffee and soft drinks while at the B&B.
- Available any day of the week from May 1 to October 29, 2023. Subject to room availability.
- You can choose to do your hike and picnic on Day 1 or Day 2 or during your stay. We will be in touch to organize it all.
- We recommend purchasing the Bruce Trail app or the All Trails app for more detailed route guidance while hiking.
- Package is based on double occupancy.
- Picnic lunch made fresh to order just before you depart for your hike. Gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options are available. If you have any special dietary restrictions, please note them during the reservation process.