Snowshoe & Wine Tasting Experience
Guided snowshoe tour then wine, cheese and charcuterie…fun!
B&B Stay with Vineyard Snowshoeing and Wine Tasting
Stay at our B&B and enjoy an afternoon outdoors snowshoeing at the Petun Conservation Area in the Blue Mountains and wine tasting in the beautiful Beaver Valley at Georgian Hills Vineyards. The wine tasting is accompanied by cheeses and charcuterie. The vineyard is remarkably close to the quaint town of Thornbury and only a 20-minute drive from the bed and breakfast. Thornbury is a great place for lunch or dinner and has terrific shops! The Petun Conservation area is only a 12 minute drive from the B&B – this is where your fun starts.
Your tour guides know the area very well and are accomplished snowshoe tour leaders. This tour is great for beginners or those experienced with snowshoeing – they will teach you everything you need to know and supply you with snowshoes. You will need winter gear like hats, gloves, boots, and snow pants. Layers are recommended, so if you get too warm, you can take a layer off. You will want to bring some water in a light day pack and of course a camera.
For the days and times that the tours are available see the Fine Print section on this page to your right. You do not need to be checked-in at the B&B to enjoy the tour. If you want to take the tour on your first day in the Collingwood area – no problem. You can check-in to the B&B after your tour. We will contact you after you have made your reservation with us to get your tour day and time preferences. We will reserve everything for you!
Package Price & Availability
This package starts at $758 + HST per couple for a 2 night stay in the Birch Suite using Sunday thru Thursday room rates. Mountain Suite and Forest Suite, and weekends are higher. Check your preferred dates online here or call us toll free at 1-844-412-1170.
Call us with any questions. We are happy to do what we can to customize your experience to make it more awesome.
YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation for 2 adults in one of our luxury guest suites. You choose the room, Birch, Forest or Mountain Suite. Each room has a private ensuite bath with heated floors. All rooms have high quality cotton linens, hypo-allergenic duvets and pillows, plush cotton spa towels, robes and slippers. You can view each room under the Our Rooms tab.
- Full gourmet breakfast with hot and cold options each day of your stay. You reserve your breakfast seating time and choose from a menu that changes daily. We have three (3) socially distanced tables for two for your comfort. See Breakfast is a Big Deal.
- Guided snowshoe tour at the Petun Conservation Area in the Blue Mountains. See map here. After the snowshoeing it’s off to Georgian Hills Vineyards for wine tasting, cheese and charcuterie. This tour experience is for two adults on one day of your stay. You pick the day and time. See Fine Print below. The Conservation area is only 11 minutes away from the B&B. The vineyards are a 24 minute drive from the Conservation area close to the lovely Town of Thornbury. Snowshoes will be provided by the tour operator.
- Complimentary coffee, teas and soft drinks during your stay at our bed and breakfast.
- This package is available Tuesday through Sunday from January 2 until April 1, 2023.
- Weather guarantee: if the snnoweshoe tour operator cannot safely run the tour for any weather reasons. You will not pay for the tour. You have the option to cancel your B&B stay with all funds refunded to you.
- You can choose to do your snowshoe tour before you check-in to the B&B or the next day.
- Tours operate Wednesday, Friday and Saturday’s at 9:30am, 11:00am, 12:30pm and 2:00pm. Total time for tour and tasting is 2.5-3 hours.
- Package is based on double occupancy.
- Gluten-free and vegetarian options are available for charcuterie board that is included with wine tasting.
- What to bring: winter hat, gloves, ski pants, winter boots. Best to dress in layers in case you get warm you can remove a layer. Bring some water in a light, easy to carry knapsack. Don’t forget the camera/phone. Tour operator provides snowshoes.
- Once you make your reservation with us we will be in touch to organize all the details for you.